Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Der April weiß nicht was er will

"The April doesn't know what it wants" is a very common phrase in Germany... and I know exactly why. Often I find it difficult simply trying to figure out what to wear for the day. Not because I am a fashion diva trying to get just the right look, but because the weather in Germany can go from bright and sunny in one minute to overcast and dark the next, flip to rain, and then back to sun again. Perhaps it's just in Northern Germany that one experiences such indecisive weather, but as it's often said in Hamburg... if you don't like the weather, then just wait fifteen minutes. (sometimes quite true)

But I have to say that I am holding onto the saying:

Bunnies that spring,
Larks that sing,
Will certainly,
the Springtime bring.


Springtime... where are you? April, you look seemingly grey today.

Pillow with free motion quilting technique and Hippity-Hop bunny felt applique.

5 comments :

  1. love it! great job w/the free-motion writing!
    (reminds me of the 'Pat the Bunny' book...did you read that as a child?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Peter Rabbit and the Velveteen Rabbit, but have only seen the Pat the Bunny when browsing for books for the boys. Can you recommend it? I assume that there are some happy nieces who have heard you read it a time or two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ;-) Pat the Bunny is admittedly more for the 3 and under crowd, so it may have select appeal in your home. Still, it's a wonderfully tactile book that I've always viewed as a classic.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails