Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Not Just and Overnight Guest

Are you like me?... every time company comes there is a whirlwind of action going on - cleaning, straightening, checking one more thing off the "I'll get around to it list" just before the overnight guests arrive?

As I've already told you, we have a very special guest on the way. But the difference is that this guest plans to stay for quite a while. Even though it feels a little like getting ready for weekend company, things really have been about shifting and ma
king room for new things, and finding homes for those things that piled up way too long until a new home could be found for them.

I'm doing things... lots of things. I'm busy. I'm marking things off my list that have been neglected for far too long. Yep, I'm nesting. The nest is close to being ready, and the date of "ready or not, here I come" is right before my door. Question is, can you ever really be ready?

I suppose it is like when your overnight guests finally arrive... you then notice that big speck of dust in the corner, something that is not in its place, and that whatcha-ma-call-it that didn't get cleaned properly. And then there is usually that the reminder to yourself, that your guests often do not see those things anyway, and if they do somehow they are able to have fun and enjoy the moments in spite of those things.


... It's definitely a process, but I am learning that it's actually O.K. if everything is not just how I like it. I could imagine that our new little guy won't even notice. Hmmm... what a concept!

5 comments :

  1. Liebe Allison,
    ich war so sehr mit meinem eigenen Blog, mir meiner Enkelkindern, Ferien beschäftigt, dass ich gar nicht realisiert habe, was sich bei dir so tut... Wirklich: another litlle guy? Ich freue mich so für dich/euch & kann deinen Nestbautrieb so gut verstehen. Es ist aber auch ein Weg, sich mit dem zukünftigen Kind zu beschäftigen & sich auf es einzustellen. Ich wünsche dir viele Ideen & Kraft & Energie!
    Und ich freue mich, wenn ich weiter Neues erfahre!

    Herzlichst
    Astrid
    lemondedekitchi.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your nesting looks fabulous and is full of special mama-made touches. =) Hugs to you as you wait in these last days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are anything like me, you are maybe a little bit of a perfectionist; however, being a mother and pefection don't live happy together. I have learned to let go. Can't wait to see your newest! Hope you have a safe and easy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. . . . Hauptsache alles geht gut und ihr seid gesund und munter!
    Liebe Grüße von Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Allison! Juliette just told me you might be interested in this project:

    http://www.makingthishome.com/2012/08/29/autumn-a-call-for-expats/

    Email me if you're interested. I'm sorry I couldn't find your email address on your blog.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails