Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Das "Ja" Wort

It was a clear, crisp, and bright day in January... which is extremely unusual for weather in Northern Germany that time of year. But it was the perfect day to say "I do".

It seems a little hard for me to believe that it was just five years ago, and then on the other hand, it hardly feels like five years at all. Not that it has been difficult for me to stay with the man that I said "yes" to those few short years ago.... somehow he makes that easy for me. Perhaps it feels like an accomplishment, a milestone for having stood beside the one I promised the rest of my life to. As with every couple we have had our fair share of ups and downs, highs and lows, and many in between points... but I cannot think of another person in the world that I would want to share my "forever" with.

5 comments :

  1. Congratualations! I was 15 years ago on a very cold krisp morning on an apple farm that is adjacent to my mother-in-laws house that my husband proposed to me. I almost froze to dealth. The next day we drove down to Heidelburg and went to the castle and out to dinner. Here is to many more years of happiness for you and your husband. May your lives be filled with much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww! congrats! They say time flies when you're having fun, but I think time really flies when you're with the right one. I know exactly what you mean! =) Hugs and well wishes to you both, we'd love to see you both again sometime in 2012!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails